+ Antworten
Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3

Thema: YAML Layout for the iPhone

Neuer Benutzer

YAML Layout for the iPhone

Hi there

The last few days I've tried out the YAML Framework a little.
    It's pretty cool^^

My Question:
    Is there also a solution in YAML to optimize my website for the iPhone or other smartphones?

greetings
    Lee

YAML Developer Avatar von djesse

AW: YAML Layout for the iPhone

Hi Lee,

you don't need any special optimisation for the iPhone. The iPhone Safari is a great browser. Just use media queries to adress your mobile Screenlayout, e.g.

Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" media="only screen and (max-device-width: 480px)" href="http://www.domain.com/css/mobile.css" type="text/css" />
    In addition you should insert a meta tag vor iPhone scaling and rotation settings, e.g.:

Code:
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width; initial-scale=1.0; maximum-scale=1.0;">
    With these small tricks you can create your iPhone layout easily.

Best regards
    Dirk
    Keine Supportanfragen per PN, Fragen bitte nur im Forum stellen!
    • "Yet Another Multicolumn Layout" ist ein modulares CSS Framework zur Erstellung wirklich flexibler, zugänglicher und responsiver Websites.
    • "Thinkin' Tags" Rapid Prototyping on a production-ready code basis with YAML 4
    • "YAML Builder" A tool for visual layout development of YAML based CSS layouts.
    • "YAML Debug" an assistive code diagnostic tool for web developers.

Neuer Benutzer

Re: AW: YAML Layout for the iPhone

Zitat Zitat von djesse Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi Lee,

you don't need any special optimisation for the iPhone. The iPhone Safari is a great browser. Just use media queries to adress your mobile Screenlayout, e.g.

Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" media="only screen and (max-device-width: 480px)" href="http://www.domain.com/css/mobile.css" type="text/css" />
    In addition you should insert a meta tag vor iPhone scaling and rotation settings, e.g.:

Code:
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width; initial-scale=1.0; maximum-scale=1.0;">
    With these small tricks you can create your iPhone layout easily.

Best regards
    Dirk
    Hi Dirk,

I;ve read the article you wrote and I try out YAML for my iphone and also for my website. the layout looks fantastic. I hope, you could come up with a website that have the how to's of YAML specially for us beginners.

Many thanks and keep it up.

+ Antworten